Monday, February 11, 2008

get your bearing

“Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.” --Og Mandino

I remember one movie that mentioned about finding your true North. I did learn orienteering and I love it so much that for a couple of semesters, I volunteered to be one of the trainers. I love the whole idea of setting up the control points and setting the various coordinates for the fellow new mountaineers to enjoy learning. Ok, going back to finding your true North. I always wondered why we always, always orient ourselves to the North. We learned that we should always find the North first before finding our coordinates. We also need to orient our map to the North before using the compass to try to find the paths and trails we need to take. it was so much fun. And even though I got married a few years ago, I still got a chance to join one of the training climbs that involved learning this concept.

I think I need to be grounded first. For me, I realized now more than ever that my true North is related finding my spirituality and knowing that my true North is God. Then and only then, I can now focus on the other "coordinates" that I am supposed to find.

It has been a while since I am able to write my thoughts. I am thankful that finally He has quenched my thirst and watered my dry spell.

No comments: