Monday, January 15, 2007

ideals of a child

Every time I watch "Wish Ko Lang" I cry. I knew that whenever I let myself be immersed on these true stories I would really feel for these people. It was the story of a young girl Jamaica that really brought back memories. I realized that children are really idealistic. I remembered that I think more like an adult when I was before my teens and then became a child when I was in my teens and early twenties then now become an adult.

I recalled that when I was really young, my foremost concern is to get our family out of poverty. I would do anything that would help my family. I will vow to finish my education and help. In a way I saw myself in that little girl. There was a time in my youth that I would just walk alone the 4km to the central public school. I was told not to go because we have no money for a jeepney ride or my lunch. I still went to school even without lunch money. I walked and then played during lunch time. I can still remember that day. They said that the old memories are the last to go when you eventually start to not remember.

It is good to be reminded that we are very blessed. To be reminded that there are people in this world that experience poverty in a level that others just read about in the papers. There are people and children that works just to have that next meal.
I guess it is a reminder of how we should look at our own situations in life right now. I am inspired by the ideals of a child.

No comments: