Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thanksgiving

Whenever I feel restless, without direction and slightly paranoid, I recall the reminder that Judith J. mentioned to me once. The single memory was clear and crisp that I can still draw inspiration from that particular conversation.

"Look at the birds, they neither sow nor reap." The friend who reminded me of this one is not even a friend in community but a friend whom I lost touch for many years now. I cannot even remember the year when I had this conversation with her. I am amazed how God speaks to us. Now, I am once again reminded:

Matthew 6:26"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and [yet] your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? (NASB ©1995)

After recalling that conversation with a friend, a prayer of thanksgiving simply and quietly flows naturally. A feeling of security that indeed all my needs (and wants!) have always been provided for. Indeed God has always been a great Father all the time. He is especially comforting during the days that I seem to have forgotten er neglected my spiritual nurturing.

I feel that a "Thank You" is not enough. But that is the prayer that springs from my heart everytime. "Thank You".

Salamat po!

No comments: