Friday, February 18, 2005

He is with us

"So do not fear, for I am with you"-- Isaiah 41:10

Much of my own anxiety always comes from the thought that, there will be something right under my nose, which I am unable to forsee and it will just explode before my eyes. On the other hand, it's a bit weird that I do not actually fear that there will be a bomb somewhere in the bus that we were riding just the other night. In my mind, I believe and know that nothing will ever happen if we let our fear get control over us. So going back, I guess the anxiety that I am afraid is more of the emotional in nature. Stress in the "what ifs". Bracing myself for any shocking information that will be revealed in a moment that I am most unprepared. But this morning, I am once again reassured by God that all shall be well, that I should not fear these "legions" for He is with me.

Amats, the other night reminded me, your God is bigger than this ghost. I guess sometimes, it is just my own imagination of whatever "ghost" there is that I am afraid of. As ghost takes many forms in our lives, anxiety, depression, and security among others, it is present in our path, troubles on our sides, or hauntings in our back. But today, I am reminded that the top side of us is always open, that I can always, always talk and seek solace from my God. He is always there as our top side is always open. Whatever it is that surronds us, fear not for our God is a great God. He is always with us.

No comments: