Sunday, February 20, 2005

Ask

"Ask and you shall receive; seek and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you...as bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children. How much more then, will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" --Matthew 7:7,11

Like the true Father that He is, God reminded me this week twice about this passage and I need to put it up here to remind me that God is telling me something. The past week was my birthday week and in my heart, I guess I really have not asked for anything in His name. I thank God for reminding me to "ask". Our Father know all our needs and even if He knows all this, He wants us to personally ask. He knows what is best for us but He wants to be intimate with us to share in our joy and aspirations through our prayers.

I grew up within a family with very limited resources and sometimes it is awkward to ask for something that I know my family cannot afford. I would always ask for simple things that I know we have the capacity to have.

Its amazing when you think that He has only to will it. I always have to remind myself that God is not a vending machine. I also need to be wary about asking for something as the cliche goes "be carefull with what you pray for".

But when one has decided to give full discretionary authority to Him, the process of asking should be "what would you like me to have Father?" I am still in the process of learning.

The past few days I am a recipient and witness once again to His generosity in the lives of brothers and sisters.

No comments: