Saturday, January 15, 2005

Jane's First Christmas

December 14th 2004, we welcomed Jane Allison Jaboli into our family. It has been a long while since we had a baby in the family and Julius, her older brother, is now 8 years old. Jinky my sister looked elated with her new born child despite the labor she had just gone through. I hurried to the hospital that day with the digital camera and took a few shots. While clicking away my thoughts pondered about the season.

At that time the Christmas season was in full gear, people rushing everywhere to buy gifts, malls are crowded, and the evenings' Christmas lights twinkling everwhere in the metro. In my own inner perspective, it was like another year ending and a season to go through.

Until that afternoon, when I saw my sister holding Jane in her arms. I was swept by a joy I could not explain, it must have been like that during the first Christmas --when Jesus was born. As the sheperds looked on at baby Jesus. Indeed one of the greatest miracles is a child born unto us.

That same evening all the nurses in that floor sang for the two babies in that maternity ward Christmas Carols. They sang Christmas in our hearts. Affirmations do come when you need it.

No comments: