Thursday, January 13, 2005

Moon River

"Two drifters off to see the world" tonight as we celebrate a friend's birthday, we sang this song. My mind travelled back to Alaminos. Recalling memories of Inay, I could almost see her face beaming and her eyes full of joyful melancholy as she sings her favorite phrase from this song. It is amazing how we associate certain tunes to certain people.

Now I only have the memory. What do we keep after a loved one has passed away? It would always be the times that you spent loving each other. Indeed love is eternal, neither death nor distance can keep you from people you hold dear when you have them in your heart.

The best way to spend life is in loving, though at times, the call to love others even those close to us might be difficult, it is best just to love. There is no tomorrow, there is only now to express our love. Our presence, our time, our attention to people is a concrete example of expressing our love. Time cannot be bought and cannot be given back.

To live passionately is to give of our time, where does our passion lie? Lord grant me the grace that I may keep this priceless learning that Inay Tita Ching has given me.

No comments: