Sunday, November 08, 2009

Isay's purple blouse

When I go to the office, I usually wear my nuetral colors, black, brown, white-- as a sort of uniform colors for me and my wardrobe. Occasionally I wear my red blouse-- but it is a bit old now. The color is a bit faded (kupas na ika nga). Then there was this day I got a chance to buy this purple a bit shiny purple blouse. I loved it when I saw it. I tried it on and it fits. Very well I thought.

Then after that shopping spree, the blouse just hang in my clothes rack. I saw it everyday as I choose my usual black and browns. In my mind oh no i might not be able to wear this ah... well... but Isay love it. She will grab it and wear it like a robe and walk around the house. She claimed it to be her blouse.

Many weeks later. About last week, I finally decided to wear it to work. Isay was furious saying "blouse ko yan!" ( that's my blouse). I just explained that nanay will just wear it to work this time and borrow it.

When I got to the office, true enough, I was showered with compliments and up till I got home tatay and even manang approved my wearing this new color.

Haay...

I just realized now that indeed, we should not be afraid to wear our colors.

Happy.

No comments: