Sunday, February 17, 2008

celebrate life

It is always good to celebrate as a way of thanking God for all the blessings that I received. A few years back, I have a different perspective in celebrating birthdays. Before, I always thought that it is best to be unconventional and un-commercial and just have quiet personal celebration. But through time, I realized that it is important to celebrate the joys in our lives. Indeed it is these moments that will remind you that you have lived a full life.

Yesterday, we had a great shared meal with family. I can't remember the last time when I cooked a huge meal for family to celebrate this day. Last year, we just ate at a restaurant and it was good. But this year I realized that it is indeed so much better to celebrate at home. Albeit a bit crazy marketing, cooking and preparing the meal but still, it was a joy to prepare. We ate so much I can't remember how many servings of vegeroni pasta in white tuna asparagus sauce, pita pizza with basil and pineapple, blue crabs and fried chicken. For dessert, we had home made chocolate fondue with sliced apples. All these, at a fraction of the cost if we ate out. All this time I am reminded by Susan's words that our home will be blessed as we open up our home for celebrations. It was good spending time with family indeed.

No comments: