Sunday, December 09, 2007

sayaw sa bangko atbp

A week or two ago, we were at the marine protected areas awards and recognition night at the celebrity sports plaza. The event was dubbed Para El Mar. It has been a while since I attended a big gathering. I received several complimentary tickets and distributed these to friends and colleagues. But it was such a rainy day that very few people wanted to go. Anyway, I was really thankful that I was able to attend. Met old friends who flew in from Palawan. Took a lot of pictures. Got to talk to some friends in conservation work that I rarely see because they are almost always in the field. It was a good night. What made it special was that there were this Filipiniana dance group. I adore watching them. The opportunity to watch traditional dance are few and far between.

The prayer was also said in unconventional way. A "tambuli" was played and a meditative chant using indigenous instruments. It was soulful in a very unique way. At that moment I thank God for prodding me to go and experience this.

No comments: