Friday, November 09, 2007

an orange morning

I am up early this morning. Actually I am always an early riser. I just force myself to stay in bed sometimes just lying there thinking of many passing thoughts. More often than not I try to make it a creative moment of sorts. I try to think of good things always. Conjuring images of a beautiful home. I read somewhere that the moment between sleep and waking up is the best time to tap into that power of creating. Whatever it is. Three things. Thoughts become things. I realized that I need to be careful of the things that I think about. I try to avoid negative thoughts I dont really suppress them I just let them pass by. I just do not dwell on them. But what I keep in mind is to think of positive things always. The "can do" attitude.

The door in the kitchen is open with just the screen door with the small lock. After reading something inspiring, I walked towards the kitchen to have my usual drink of Milo in the morning. And there. There was this orange glow of the morning. After a long time, I saw a sunrise. It made me happy. My heart jump slightly at the sight. Simple, yet it brought much joy. What made it so special is that I know in a couple of minutes this orange glow will be gone. I am thankful that I was able to catch that orange glow that only last for a minute or two. The next one will be in the next 24 hours but will I chance upon it again?

I can actually hear the birds chirping as I write this. A nice sound given that I live in the heart of Quezon City.

4 comments:

Señor Enrique said...

"I read somewhere that the moment between sleep and waking up is the best time to tap into that power of creating."

Very true, Daisy. Einstein used to take a nap when stumped by a mathematical problem. When he awoke, he'd have the answer. This is why some folks suggest when coping with a major dilemma to simply "let go and let God;" instead of losing sleep over it :)

Sidney said...

"I read somewhere that the moment between sleep and waking up is the best time to tap into that power of creating."

The problem is that I can't think at all when I wake up... I need first a very STRONG cup of coffee to bring me back to life. And it takes another 30 minutes before I can consider thinking...

I always envy morning people who are ready to jump out of bed and start a new day with a bang.

Daisy said...

Dear Senor Enrique,

It has been a while since I updated my blog and when I returned I am very happy to see comments from my two favorite photographers and bloggers you and Sidney!

Thanks for visiting and your comments inspire me to go on blogging.

I never knew that about Einstein. Agree! absolutely "let go and let God." it is always good to be reminded that it is not by our hand that things work in this world.

Daisy said...

Dear Sidney,

Welcome back! Thank you very much for visiting my blog. It is always an honor to receive comments from my favorite photographers and bloggers!

I guess that is the secret a strong cup of freshly brewed coffee. I used to be a coffee drinker until my tummy started to strike out. Sad. But the aroma is still insanely nice!

:)