Saturday, October 13, 2007

moods

I've been wanting to write everyday, and yet all the thoughts brewing in my head seem to stay there and ferment. Evolving into different thoughts. I just sometimes do not have the energy to write my thoughts and ideas. Creating things does have its time. But when the inspiration does come. It seems like flash flood of thoughts and ideas you want to share.

I noticed that indeed when you need to be comforted, affirmed or contested in my inner self discussions, the ideas present themselves.

I want to share a something I read last night that helped me cope with what I am going through at the moment.

From the book of Richard Carlson: "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff and its all small stuff"

This is the title of the chapter: Become Aware of Your Moods and Don't Allow Yourself to be Fooled by the Low Ones. (I edited it and shortened it and wrote here only the lines that really hit me.)

Your moods can be extremely deceptive. They can, and probably do, trick you into believing your life is far worse than it really is...When we are low, rather than blaming our mood as would be appropriate, we instead tend to feel that our whole life is wrong. It's almost as if we actually believe that our lives have fallen apart in the past hour or two. The truth is, life is never as bad as it seems when you're in a low mood. When you are in an ill mood, learn to pass it off as simply that: an unavoidable human condition that will pass with time, if you leave it alone. A low mood is not the time to analyze your life. To do so is emotional suicide. If you have a legitimate problem, it will still be there when your state of mind improves. The trick is to be grateful for our good moods and graceful in our low moods--not taking them seriously. The next time you feel low, for whatever reason, remind yourself, "This too shall pass." It will.

When I read this last night, I laughed a bit inside of me. I was reminded again at the most opportune time. Words that I needed to hear at that moment. I felt it was a small miracle of sort to be at the receiving end of something I really needed to hear at that time. it is amazing that after reading the book, now I am able to share again my thoughts. It just comes and flows. I will be sharing more in the coming post. Sigh!

No comments: