Monday, September 03, 2007

Thanks J.K. Rowling

Just finished reading Harry Potter very early this morning. A cloudy weekend here in Quezon City seemed to be the perfect backdrop for curling up with HP and the Deathly Hallows. Ever since I finished the HP and the Half Blood Prince a year or two ago, I wanted to get hold of the 7th and last book. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed JK Rowling's HP series. I didn't get to read fully the first two books. But I remember that I enjoyed reading the first few chapters of the Sorcerer's Stone on the deck of RV Minerva while we were sailing on Bacuit Bay El Nido in 2001. I was hooked after reading Prisoner of Azkaban.

No spoilers ahead.

Reading the book, which took me the whole weekend as I am admittedly am a slow reader. I tend to chew almost every minute detail. I do enjoy slow reading. Then now, after reading the book the first thought that came to mind: "I want to live in Scotland" hahhahaa. Live there and write! One of my dreams is to write a book. Honestly, I have to learn more about how to write well. I don't know if I can stand the cold there though.

Anyway, these are random thoughts. It just seems that death and dying brings perspective to things. The death anniversary of Princess Diana. The recent happenings in UP. These things seems to highlight the value of living. The value of life.

I will be sharing more of my insights about Harry in future post.

1 comment:

Señor Enrique said...

I am in awe of this author's great success. Amazing!