Sunday, February 25, 2007

why climb?

This is a continuation of the DWIZ entry. On our way back to Quezon City in the van, Mr. Joey Papa asked the three of us Lillian, Vanessa and I something he wasn't able to ask us on air. He asked "what made you decide to climb mountains?". I can't remember the answers of Lillian and Vans. My mind went double fast rewind to the time that I decided that I want to climb mountains. The answer came quickly. It was easy. I said I was inspired to climb mountains when a friend showed me a picture. It was a picture someone I know on a ledge with clouds just behind him. Oh my! I want that! The rest is history as it were.

I don't have a copy of that particular image but I know somewhere here in the web where you can see for yourself what I mean. If you want to know look at these images of Outsidebound. Look for the image with Mt. Banahaw in Quezon. This is where the picture I was talking about was taken. Believe me, I can still clearly remember the time I saw this for real at Durungawan circa 1994. Breathtaking is an understatement.

No comments: