Sunday, February 04, 2007

toast

I was watching Oprah last week and chanced upon that the guest was former Bond girl Teri Hatcher. I knew it was a replay but the first time I saw it I click the "off" button early on the show. But good thing this time, I was able to watch the whole segment and about her book Burnt Toast.

What really got my attention is the concept of why many mothers like she and her mom eat burnt toast. Why do they have this self-sacrifice syndrome. I saw myself at a time when I just scrape the burnt area and continue to have breakfast. I didn't realize that this will be feature in a book. Why do we do what we do?

I haven't read the book yet but I read some excepts on the website. It was also recommended by Oprah giving very generous compliments which she doesn't do to other book writers.

This is one of my "to read" books. I hope I can find a copy somewhere.

No comments: