Tuesday, February 13, 2007

riding a bike

"Its like riding a bike, you'll never forget it". Last sunday, after a very very long while, I was able to ride a bike again. At first, I thought I forgot how to balance, control and steer. Our mountain bike appears to be really heavy for me. It took me a while to regain my balance. I can't even remember how many times I tried to pedal and sit, but it was a while before I was able to get up and go. Medyo nahihiya nga ako na magbike sa harap ng mga bata sa UP dahil I was stumbling in a way.

Eventually after a few minutes of un-poised re-learning. And Walahhhh!!! I am flying again Whooohoooo! I just love it! I was cycling up and around, doing circles around the area. Yes. I didn't forget!

It was really liberating to experience the re-learning part, it was hard even for a short while. There was a time when I thought, "oh my I might have forgotten...this bike is very heavy... I will scratch myself again and ride onto a tree." But when I trusted my balance again, everything worked! It all fell into place. I was cruising.

Letting go is such a liberating experience.



No comments: