Monday, October 09, 2006

Words

“Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts”.
-Robert Fulghum

It is really sad to be mis-interpreted. I read words today that almost broke my sense of h-humor. Even with the best intention and honestly saying how you feel, I guess things have that probability of being mis-interpreted. People will read differently what you wrote. For the record, I have always believed in the goodness of people and will never try to break their spirit. But the words today that I have received were unexpected to say the least.

I should take my own counsel. Again it is better to be kind than correct. I realized as we grow older, we mellow out a little bit at a time. Today is another learning experience to be more sensitive with my choice of words.

No comments: