Friday, June 02, 2006

Final Manuscript

"Plan for what is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small. The most difficult things in the world must be done while they are still easy, the greatest things in the world must be done while they are still small. For this reason sages never do what is great, and this is why they can achieve that greatness."
- Attributed by Sun Tzu to warriors of ancient times.

The first time I encountered this verse was from an email from a friend and classmate in UP Open University as his email signature a few years back when we were struggling with paper work for our Masters program in Environment and Natural Resource Management and that friend graduated with flying colors a year back. Recently, I noticed another friend and classmate now using it as his email signature in our egroups for MENRM. There are several of us still working on our Special Problem-- the last and final requirement for graduation this August 2006.

Looking back, it has been five years since 2001 when I first started this graduate program. The subjects I was taking was complementary to my current work for the past five years. My subjects which I studied on distance learning mode such as biodiversity conservation, coastal zone management, and coastal anthropology among others were really interesting and complemented my work in the field.

Right now, I am very lethargic and my energy almost zapped, reading, and doing some revisions to the final manuscript. Currently, I am still waiting for some more revisions and corrections from adviser and coordinator that I need to submit soon. Hopefully before my EDD (Expected Date of Delivery).

I am amazed that I am almost at the finish line. It was really God's grace and perfect timing that led me to where I am now.

My friend El said "I can't believe you are about to graduate from your masters program, we hang out naman".

I guess it was bit by bit, step by step. Gracia rin lang talaga.

2 comments:

Joseph Santos-Lyons said...

congrats Day, i finished my thesis last week, and that felt oh so good! there was that rush of euphoria, even at 2am in the morning. look forward to seeing you and Amats soon! joseph

Daisy said...

Hi Joseph!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Congratulations! Wow we are proud to have a friend graduate from the Harvard School of Divinity.

We are looking forward to see you and Aimee soon and esp the new member of the family Luwalhati.

Day and Amats