Monday, December 05, 2005

Rhythmic Gymnastics at 23rd SEAG

Finally I was able to watch a world competition in gymnastics at the 23rd SouthEast Asian Games. Last Saturday, Amats and I went to see the games. We went to watch for a while women's single tennis, then baseball Philippines vs Myanmar but the highlight of last Saturday's games for us was the Rhythmic Gymnastics Women's Finals. The competing countries are Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines.

Since I was a kid I always watched the games on TV only because I lived in the province and it is expensive to go to Manila. In recent years when our country was host to SEAG, I wasn't able to find time to go.

The past week, I kept telling Amats please check the schedule specially the gymnastics. For the longest time I wanted to watch and thank God we had a great time at the games all for free. We even saw Rocky de Castro in the sponsors booth, who called us on our mobile just to wave and say hi.

Here are some of the pictures of the gymnast. They move so fast, I could barely focus with my old cam. Amazing what these girls can do with their bodies. There were four events where all the gymnast had to compete these are rope, ball, clubs and ribbon. It took almost an hour each. Although Philippines did not win in those events, still we cheered the Malaysians like true sports fans. We went home happy with our small Philippine flag.

See the latest news at the SEAG website




No comments: