Sunday, July 03, 2005

First time

When was the last time you did something for the first time? I saw this line on an ad and it has the picture of a child with her mouth open trying to catch a snowflake. I remember this picture whenever I realize that there are still many many things that I have yet to see, touch and experience. And like in the picture it was tasting a snowflake. I have lived all my life in a tropical country and I never regret living in these islands. I love the sun and tropical waters. But going back, still I would want to exprience things like touching snow.

To answer the question above, I did something for the first time last Saturday. I recited the alphabet in French. (Ha! ang babaw) but I really enjoyed learning something new. I am very much excited about my French 1 and Spanish 1 class but learning French is a much more challenging task. I am really excited to learn and speak a language that is spoken differently as it is written.

Last week I asked Monsieur Teddy, how do you say God in French? His reaction was of mild surprise but answered me nonetheless-- Dieu.

As in Mon Dieu.

Merci!

No comments: