Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Understanding is loving

Love your enemies.
Honestly this is not an easy commandment.
Today, I am once again reminded that:

that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good,and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust. Mt 5:45

I remember I made an short blog entry on this verse before.
But today a different part of the verse was given emphasis.

Love your enemies.

A quick show of hands affirming the difficulty of this commandment, the discourse went on and focused on Agape.

One of my long questions were answered, that to be able to love, one needs to understand. I guess in our lifetime, whether we like it or not, provoked it or not, did anything to offend or was clueless that our actions offended, in one way or the other, we will have what we call "enemies".

To be able to understand is the way. Everyday I am still learning.

No comments: