Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Reading

I am now reading "Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff" by R. Carlson, this little book that Elnora gave to me is exactly what I need to learn and learn, again and again. There are many things that I treat as an emergency which if I have given it just enough thought, it really is small stuff. I would have saved my energies for better things that need my time and thoughts. One of my goals is to have a peaceful and healthy life and this is high on my list of priorities. Reflecting on these, it's just that even though I know these things to be true, I need to be reminded that to have peace, this is basically dependent on the many choices of reactions I have on anything, on any given day. More of these reflections will manifest once I chewed on these valuable read. For now, since class has not yet begun, I am reading Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix--such luxury to read non-required readings. Savoring the few days left until urgent work and study catches me again. Thank God for the blessing of reading.

No comments: