Friday, April 01, 2005

On the road, in a bus, on a plane

Yesterday, we just got back from Palawan it was 8 days of traveling by ferry boat, rickety bus, outrigger boat, by tricycle, by bike, by car and by domestic air plane. It was an exhausting trip come to think of it. But as I browse through the pictures, looking at the images saved where Amats and I was snorkelling in the beautiful blue sparkling waters of the small lagoon of El Nido, walking on the warm sand with towering walls of limestone cliffs behind us, I thought, it was a great trip. Another bag-full of memories to unearth during weary days to energize one's soul.

In every trip there are many discoveries, of one self, of people you thought you knew and you thought knew you. I believe traveling makes you a better person. Out of your comfort zone, having to deal with the elements and your own fears, many things are revealed. Indeed there are many morsels of thought that I need to get back and reflect upon this trip, many lesson behind each scene that unfolds. But for now, it has to wait because in an hour or two I will be on a plane again, today for Mindanao.

No comments: