Thursday, March 24, 2005

A passionate X-men

Finally we have finished a back-to-back-to-back regional workshops. March 10 to 14 we have the Indonesia-Vietnam-Philippines Regional Capacity Buidling workshop, then right after the NCT Meeting with all my counter part country coordinators from Fiji, PNG, Indonesia, Palau, Pohnpei, Hawaii and Solomon Islands- March 16 to 19. Then right after the Data Analysis and Management workshop 20 to 23. It was only with divine intervention that I am able to type here right now and still find the energy to tell the story.

It was grace that good friends helped a lot along the way to make all this possible. Yesterday at the end of the workshop. Dindo showed us the X-men powerpoint in tribute to Mr Jim (aka prof X of the LMMA Network) in recognition of super human efforts by the team. It was indeed a challenge and we are facing so much more this year.

Personally I was moved by the team building we had last week Mar 17th. I braced myself and expected myself to just to go through the motions of having a team building. But caught unawares, it just hit me that, indeed what I am doing and working for and being in this unique and brilliant dedicated team of the NCT is a reward in itself. A realization that have deep personal meaning why I work for conservation and our communities in the Philippines.

I came to realize that I am passionate (to a fault sometimes) with conservation work.

No comments: