Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Last Weekend

First weekend of Feb at He Cares, we missed Honey. I was happy that Amats and I had a chat with Ate Ardis, who gave us He Cares made scrap book/photo album as gifts. She also offered to give us a lift to the Feast the next day.

During the feeding, I was talking to little ladies Gracia and Mary. There were some students from UP that afternoon that facilitated a program after lunch but Gracia and Mary's names weren't called. I told them during lunch, don't worry just come in again. But unfortunately, one of the marshall boys did not let them in. I wasn't able to do anything because it was a new group and do not know them. When it was time to go, I saw Gracia still outside, waiting. I explained that I do not know the organizers of the program. I sensed that she was very disappointed. I tried to appease her but she was about to cry. Amats and I need to be on our way, as I walk away, I felt really sad. I realize that I should not have made a promise that I can not deliver. Little children always remembers. I hope I can make it up to her in the weeks to come.

Later we went to Discovery Weekend to volunteer as a couple. Maribel Dionisio was there and Mark and Dr Lou Querubin a couple who also served during our own discernment weekend (May 2003). It was a blessing that we were able to have a short talk with Maribel who gave us some marriage counseling tips and reading materials. A friend of ours was there John Granda and Shary who were participants of the retreat. We also met a couple who were volunteers that same afternoon Alex and Kristine Perez, after a while they recognized us that we were at the QC hall for a family planning seminar last year. Small world. Amats and I together with Alex and Kristine facilitated the social hour and it was a blast. They have to act out these scenes, delivery room, Luneta on Valentine's Day and last, a garden wedding. It was really funny hour. It was really good to be with these group at DW. Hopefully in the months to come we can still keep touch with DW.

We are now in the process of discerning a community as a couple. We are praying for God's blessing and guidance.

No comments: