Tuesday, February 01, 2005

EBTG

As I was going through my normal working day, a sense I got from a few weeks before came back. EBTG. Everything-Belongs-To-God. Actually, the understanding of this phrase became clearer when I listened to a talk given by Vannie Siloterio on Financial Stewardship. I really appreciated her comic way of presenting things in perspective. When we are blessed not just financially, we are called to share these blessings to help others. If there are something lost, like when Nenen Dela Pena lost her cell phone, I realized that it was easier for her to let go when she mentioned "papalitan yan ni God" (God will replace it). As Ria Agcaoili said it is easier to let go of things when we realize that it is not ours in the first place.

There are many things we hold as if it is just completely "ours". There are places, things, home, project,kitchen utensils, laundry area that we claim as our "turf". But come to think of it again these are not really ours. These are things that He lent to us to use for His purpose. And that in all things God may be glorified. Indeed, EBTG.

No comments: