Saturday, January 08, 2005

A place called Anawim

Today, the Anawim of Montalban has called us, a response to a call of the past few days. A place where stories were unearthed, of a pioneer mission started and of a place abounding in grace. Armed with our well worn trek shoes and yellow and red umbrellas, we embarked on a journey together with our Lingkod QC brothers and sisters. Somewhere tucked behind those hills of Montalban is a sanctuary called Anawim.

Rare are the opportunities that came along that could have pulled me towards the direction of Montalban. Today, with our few sando bags of biscuits and fruits, we all came along and I sensed an eagerness and excitement to meet the residents of Anawim. Hearts are filled with hope that in course of our visit, we can bring some blessings. Spending time in Anawim, brought more blessings to us, I felt more blessed. I kept these in my heart--blessings far greater than what we thought we can share, we received more in return.

Many thoughts raced through my mind as we spend the day there. A recent death in my family, brought thoughts of lost time to show my love to Tita Ching, in the faces of the elderly, the lolo and lolas, I saw my Inay and I am thankful to God that He once again gave me the opportunity to express love.

Discerning for our life’s purpose...searching for answers to the question of why we exist or what shall I do now? ...might be stumbled upon in a small placed tucked in the hills of Montalban.

No comments: