Monday, August 04, 2008

The Olive Garden, NYC



Straight from JFK International airport we headed to the Olive Garden restaurant. M and E picked me up in their silver sedan with a small Philippine flag at that back and we arrived just a few minutes before the Italian restaurant opened that morning.

It was one of the best salad, pizza and pasta I've tasted. I guess it is more evident because I was eating airline food the past weeks hehehe.

M and E are pregant and expecting a baby that week. I am so grateful to them for welcoming me into their home in New York. During lunch they told me that they are transferring houses that week as well so many things going on. Then they provided me with a map of mid-town Manhattan where I can spend the rest of the afternoon. Maan lent me his unlimited train pass and oriented me with the map. E gave me a box of Stride along with the tips of what to doin the subway. I said no problem as I've been on the trains in Sydney and HKG so I think I will have no problem. (but wait, the train stories merit a special post all its own. Will do that in the coming days).

So there, we had our delicious Italian lunch and off we went to see the new place their renting near Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn. Then they dropped me off at Flatbush subway station.

I was soooooo excited to say the least to finally see NY. It has been in my bucket list for years!!!

No comments: