Monday, April 10, 2006

He came to serve

Palm Sunday reminded me of some basic virtues, principles that I believe in. I now realize that even if you've of heard the story for many times the power of the message does not diminish with the passage of time.

Here was a man who "did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life for many." ( Mark 10:45).

I was moved when I read the same passage in the column of Randy David last Sunday. It made me reflect that at that time Jesus was viewed as a political figure in Israel. But He spoke of a larger vision--of God's Kingdom. I qoute Randy's Public Lives-- He detested the empty piety of people who claim to have faith but do not practice it in their lives. He was a true subversive. His framework was not the political framework of the day. His vision went beyond of those who speak for Israel.

This made me reflect on my personal life, about my climbing org's current situation, about the principles I believe in and what is happening to our country today. Indeed it is a week of reflection.

No comments: