Sunday, April 10, 2005

My second home

Back home at last, rest is such sweet luxury better savored after a long extended road trip. The six hours road trip from Candelaria, Zambales through Subic Bay yesterday was the last in a long string of site visits with Toni. She is now on her 25 hours flight back to Florida today. Reflecting back on the three project sites we visited from Surigao to Bohol and then to Zambales, I've always looked forward to our opportunity to be in the water, now I consider as my second home. I had a great time taking underwater photos of the beautiful fishes and corals. The ocean's salt water was a balm to my skin, a relief to the summer heat, as we paddled along these past weeks. It was also good to see old friends from the islands. Indeed, the work trip was exhausting yet refreshing in a way. I feel very blessed to be paid for work like this. Not to be confused that there are no challenges in conservation work, politics, commmunity dynamics, various human induced threats are just a few of the things we encounter. But it is all worth it when you realize you are a doing a something that is part of a plan to help keep our planet liveable for our children's children.

No comments: