Wednesday, February 02, 2005

In Between Jobs

" You have done many things for us, O LORD our God; there is no one like you! You have made many wonderful plans for us." Psalms 40:5

Have you ever prayed for work you really love? I prayed for something I love doing so that even if it does not bring in financial rewards, I'll find it fulfilling.

Because of my love for the great outdoors, I decided to drop my consultancy work and leave the rat race behind. I decided to do what I loved-- work outdoors. I was blessed to be accepted in an environmental NGO.

I learned how to be a diver. I experienced being assigned in remote areas, away from family and friends but I felt blessed and fulfilled. I was able to endure these things because of my love for this kind of work until I came to a crossroads. Due to personal differences, a temper and some concerns, I was led to leave the job I so loved. I had no alternative job at that time.

But looking back, I realized that during that time of turmoil in my life, I was blessed with the time to ponder on the things that really mattered. In those three months that I was in between jobs, I experienced God's provision. It was during this time (Dec 2001 to Feb 2002) that I returned to God and asked for His guidance. His answer came through an old friend in college who invited me to join a Catholic community of single working people. My faith was renewed. Things are not always what they seem. The beauty and wisdom of His plans are revealed in His time.

--Daisy F., Published in "365 Messages In My Inbox" A Working Person's Devotional, Word of Joy Books, Copyright 2004. Ang Lingkod ng Panginoon.

No comments: