Friday, February 04, 2005

Excellent Service

When you find joy in serving others, it brings good service. Those people who find joy in their service are happy in what they do and eventually it translates to excellent service. It like when you are cooking something and you are not in the mood to cook, more often than not the food that is cooked doesn't taste good. Well, I really don't know if this two propositions are directly related but I sense some connection.

Another particular line that got my attention before from a movie Maid in Manhattan "though we serve them, we are not their servants" he said this in the context of providing good service to their guest but do not let them treat you like a servant.

Today in my readings, chewing on thoughts about servanthood, Rick Warren mentioned something that caught me off guard. "If you remind yourself that you are God's servant, interuptions wont frustrate you...servants see interuptions as divine appointments for ministry and are happy for the oppotunity to practice serving."

Taking that point of view made me realize why my friends in community serve with joy in their hearts, no matter how small or unimportant at the time the task at hand we are called to do.

No comments: